Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Today is a Gift

What a rough week we have had.

Last week, my mother-in-law passed out while getting ready for her day. She was rushed to the hospital and my husband drove the 7 hours quickly to get to her. He stayed with her for 3 days. He came home not knowing what was going to happen but he knew a lot of tests were being done on his mom.

On Wednesday, I received a text from my husband to pack us up and pick Jacob up from school ... we had to go to Kentucky. We got in the car and got there as quickly as I could.

On Thursday night, my mother-in-law went to be with the Lord.

We had her funeral on Saturday and are now back home.

I know that this will be a long journey.

We honestly cannot believe that this even happened.

We know that she loved the Lord and we know that she is in a better place but that doesn't make us miss her any less here.

My husband was a momma's boy in the best possible way and he is really going to miss her during this holiday season.

I would love prayers for our family and for my father-in-law.

They were married for 53 years and have been together since high school. They even went to prom together. They are such a great example of love.

My husband says he remembers them dancing in the kitchen after they were supposed to be in bed.

What an amazing memory to have.

I posted this last night on Instagram and I hope it resonates with you. As a mother, the days are long but I am grateful for each and every day. 

It is late and this sweet little boy is wide awake. We have had a rough couple of days and his schedule has been completely thrown off track. But instead of being frustrated, I am grateful. I am grateful to be his mother. I am grateful to spend a little extra time snuggling with him. Life is too short and tomorrow isn't promised to us. I refuse to take moments like this for granted. I am thankful for all the love I am surrounded by each and every day. I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful for my children. I am thankful for all of my family. I am beyond lucky. So I am just going to cuddle my youngest son tonight until he falls asleep. No matter how long it takes. #hudsonthomas #tomorrowisagift #sograteful

I am hoping to get back into blogging and to start my Periscope book club in the next week. I haven't decided if I am going to start the book club in January or just start now. I promise to let you know. 

Until later.
Mindy May 

No comments:

Post a Comment