Wednesday, March 16, 2016

One Little Step At A Time {Including God in our Day}

So in the need to be completely honest … I want to share with you one thing that I am struggling with right now.

It really isn't easy to say but I am sure I am not the only who struggles with this.

So here goes …

We are a Christian family who believes in God but … I struggle with showing my kids what it looks like to live in a Christian home.

We don't pray out loud.

My kids don't see me reading the Bible.

Since Hudson was born, I have struggled going to church.

My husband and I don't pray together.

And the reason this is all really bothering me now is that I just came to the realization that the Bigs only have about 5 more years at home before they go to college and are probably out of the house.

I don't want them to start their own lives and their own families without God at the center of it all and unfortunately I haven't been a good example to them.



God Centered Mom by Heather MacFadyen 

 So to gain a little help and a little perspective I reached out to Heather MacFadyan from the God Centered Mom {godcenteredmom.com}. Heather has an awesome podcast and I figured if I wanted to be a God Centered Mom she was the woman I wanted to talk to. So I sent her an email of what I wanted to work on and she actually emailed me back. And really quickly. She sent me some practical advice and we are going to get started right away. {I actually offered to share this with her community and be on her "That's Me" podcast. I am not sure if that will happen or not. But wouldn't it be lovely if it did!}

So even though it would have been better if I started when they were young … I am going to start now.

Now … I am not going to change everything. But I am going to start slowly. I am going to start praying with my kids at dinner time. I am going to pray out loud when I am struggling with something in my day to day. We are going to start going to church on Sunday. I am going to ask my Bigs if I can pray for them when they are struggling.

And for the Littles … we are going to start by reading the Jesus Storybook Bible together at night before bed.

Nothing too crazy … just some intentional acts we can do on a daily basis. I look forward to seeing how this changes my house. Maybe it will change some attitudes. Maybe this will lead us down a path of better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment