Friday, August 28, 2015

Sleep? What's that?


Having the 2 little ones doesn't really allow me to get the best night sleep.

They both sleep in my bed (which I am fine with) but Maysie is a horrible sleeper most of the time.

Since she was born she will wake up multiple times a night just crying.

Sometimes she cries in her sleep while other times she cries because she is thirsty or has to go potty. We have been giving her melatonin to help her calm down but that hasn't been keeping her asleep for the night. And the fact that she has some crazy allergies means that many times she has an upset stomach at night.

Hudson is an amazing sleeper. He likes to cuddle and sleep. He sleeps through Maysie's crying like a boss.

And it seems like everyday I am excited to get some sleep and go to bed at a reasonable hour ... and then I find a new camera app on my phone. And then I am checking my email.

And then I am listening to Hudson breathe.

Then I find something to watch on tv.

And then it is 1 am.

Then I play the counting game. "If I fall asleep right this second ... I will get 5 and a half hours of sleep" (Please tell me I am not the only one to play this game.)

Then I think ... ok this weekend I am going to sleep in.

Then I look at the calendar ... ha ... no sleeping in because soccer practice is bright and early.

One day I will catch up on sleep and miss these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment