Thursday, August 27, 2015

So here we are

Sometimes I wonder how we got here.

You know the place ... the one where money is so tight and you are working your butt off but it doesn't seem to be making a difference.

Yup. That is where we are.

And it sucks.

My husband is amazing. He works hard and I think he feels defeated that his paycheck barely covers the bills.

I decided that I would try to make some income from home. Let me just tell you ... the interview was a disaster. The woman interviewing me was very nice but from the get go I knew she was too intense for my liking. She wanted to know what I was going to do with my littles while I was working.

Umm ... Yeah

So I declined a work from home job and felt majorly defeated. I wanted this job to work. I wanted the extra income to pay off our debt and get us back in the positive. But my husband and I talked about it beforehand and I knew that if it didn't work for our family then it didn't work for me.

So then, I decided I would be a waitress one night a week. It would roughly bring in an extra $400 a month and we could slowly start paying things off. So far I have worked 2 shifts and both nights my baby wouldn't take a bottle and Maysie wouldn't stop crying.

My husband said that this job probably won't work either.

AAGH!

I am a do-er by nature and not really being able to "do" anything is stressing me out.

Not sure what we are going to try next but I am in this. I will do whatever it takes for my family and I know my husband will too.

What are some ways you generated extra income for your family without sacrificing time with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment