Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Really?!? What have I been up to?

I am sure you have been wondering ... why would she start a blog and then not post.

Yeah ... I am right there with you.

So what has been going on ... Maysie has been sick. And she is not easy when she is sick. She stole Hudson's pacifier when we were battling thrush and now she has it. Also, she had a fever which gave her fever blisters on her lips. She doesn't want to drink anything and she doesn't want to eat anything.

She does a lot of crying and whining. She says she needs me about 2 billion times a day. She wants me to just sit with her. She doesn't sleep. I have to tackle her to take her medicine. She tells me she has boo boo's. She is basically miserable.

And that means I am miserable. It means that I am not sleeping. It means that at the end of the day I am officially "touched" out.

Between feeding the baby, taking care of Maysie, and taking Jacob to soccer, I have had little time to do anything else.

I am thankful to be a Mom but weeks like this wear me out.

So here is what we have been doing ... in pictures.


Jacob had his first travel soccer game about an hour away from the house. They lost but we still had fun spending time together.


Sleeping. Sleeping. Sleeping. Thank goodness for small miracles.


Brand new coffee mug! I love Anthropologie! And yellow just makes me happy.


Detox baths. They made her smile even though it didn't last that long.


Hudson is so good. He is very laid back and extremely easy going. He only cries when he is hungry which is every two hours. But who is looking at the clock.


This is what Maysie wants me to do. Put my cold hands on her back. She says it makes her feel better.


And this is how most of our days go. Maysie has to have her arm up my sleeve and Hudson lays on my chest. I can barely move. But these kiddos are my whole world. I guess spending a week laying around cuddling my littles is more of a luxury than a curse. 

You may have to remind me of that when I am waking up every single hour during the night taking care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment